Thursday, September 19, 2024

T20 Blast: Gloucestershire thrash Sussex to set up Somerset final

Must read

Gloucestershire captain Jack Taylor told BBC Radio Bristol:

“We wanted to have a bat, having had success here in the quarter-final when we batted first but, when you bowl and field as we did to keep them to 106, you always feel you should win. It’s another thing going out and doing it.

“What an occasion to be playing Somerset. We’ve had some success against them this season but that won’t count for much. It’s all about who plays better this evening and hopefully that can be us.

“It helps to have had recent experience playing in these surroundings in the quarter-final because we don’t play here that often.

“We’ve got some momentum, which is something we speak about a lot in sport, about peaking at the right time. We’ve won four in a row now – why can’t we make it a fifth?”

Sussex skipper Tymal Mills said BBC Radio Sussex:

“After how well we’ve played in the group stages, that was one of our poorest performances of the season and to do that on Finals Day is very disappointing.

“But we’ve made huge improvements on where we have been in the last few years so credit to all the backroom staff and all the players for the hard work put in over the last 12 months.

“My message in the dressing room is to build on this and come back stronger next year.

“Paul Farbrace has given me a lot of freedom as captain to make the team how I want to make it. I’ve tried to lead by example. My main goal was to get the boys to take T20 more seriously and we certainly do that now. Hopefully we’ll be back here again.”

Latest article